Question

Shadowedknight

If a bank gives a false report and retracts it, do I get back lost credit score points?
Recently the bank that handles my auto loan reported me delinquent on my account. That I am 60 days or more late on payment. However they are surely mistaken. I have contacted the bank thus far and will be having this investigated immediately. I lost about 66 points in my credit score and I am completely displeased about it. I'm wondering if the bank retracts this incorrect report and I am then no longer delinquent, would I get back my credit score to what it was? Or once something like this is reported the damage is already done? Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any, and all feedback.

Your credit scores "should" go back to where it was before, assumes its removed. I said "should" as it might not be back to exactly what it was, could be couple points, higher or lower. The credit scores are reflecting whatever you have on your report at the time it was pulled, and its calculated fresh each and every time.