Question

Pawleysissc

Identity theft. What bases do I need to cover? Thanks everyone.
What are all the steps I need to take

For starters, file police report, file a complaint on FTC's site to get a copy of affidavit, call credit bureaus to freeze your credit reports, so no new credit can be obtained without you actually applying, it would be free to unfreeze your report when you have police report and affidavit from FTC, other wise might cost about 10 bucks in most of States. Contact all your current creditors to info them about your situation. For your bank accounts? I probably would have them close all my accounts and open new ones just be on the safe side. I think you might also need to info SSA to possibly apply for a new SS card? but I do not know if you need to go that far.