Question

CodeKPMC88

Identity Theft Victim?
After putting in my login information, one of the questions said something about me having a mortgage loan out in my name. I have never in my life applied for a mortgage loan and I'm afraid(because of other reasons as well), that I may be a victim of identity theft. I had lost my social security card and license in my wallet several years back, and have experienced problems since then. I have a Bank of America account, and about a year ago, started receiving statements from Hartford, Connecticut. I live in Central Florida and have never even been to Connecticut. Is the a way you can look into the mortgage information? And do you have any advice on what to do with potential identity theft situations? Thank in advanced, more than you know.
- Cody

Most Helpful Response

Hi Cody, 

Please make sure to read all of the possible answers when answering identity verification questions. There is always a selection indicating "not applicable" or 
"none of the above". 

You can find our suggestions for victims of identity theft here: https://blog.creditkarma.com/personal-finance/what-to-do-if-youre-a-victim-of-identity-theft/v