Question

Readytobeahomeowner

I'd like to buy a home soon. How do I obtain my FICO score? My credit karma scores are around 714

Most Helpful Response

You'll want to pull your credit score from a legitimate source: 

1) www.creditchecktotal.com (Pro: This will be a soft pull and will not cause a dip in your scores; Con: costs money) 

2) www.creditscore.com (Pro: This will be a soft pull and will not cause a dip in your scores; Con: costs money)

3) Your loan officer at the bank who will be qualifying you for a loan (Pro: free; Con: This will be a hard pull and could cause a drop in your credit scores by 5 -10 points). I would recommend going this route because it is free and you'll need to check your pre-qualification for a mortgage in any case. 

4) Youu can always go directly to the bureaus sites to purchase your scores individually from each site www.experian.comwww.transunion.com and www.equifax.com

Hope this helps!

Check out myfico, I believe they still supply a mortgage version of scores.