Question

carebear281966

i would like to know how can i remove the bankruptcy off my credit after 10years

Most Helpful Response

Speak to an attorney & get correct facts

I'm just like every other person on here I'm sure, I'm not a lawyer or judge or accountant etc etc. But no one has any right to say what definitely is or isn't because every situation is different, even if a majority is MOSTLY quite similiar in regards to the outcomes because we all follow the written guidelines of what could be or should be the end result or outcome. Most cases that go thru the court system, no matter the type (bankruptcy or other), is usually always ruled upon a case by case basis. Yes a lot of decisions and precedings and outcomes are done by going along laws & suggestions that someone else wrote. Eut every court system looks at the situation, presentation of case, and facts presented by any and all parties involved and makes a ruling/decision/sentence based on what the judge or court thinks or decides best. 

So in this case what I'm trying to say (lol sorry for the ramble) is that it really depends on what CHAPTER you filed when you did your bankruptcy.When I was preparing for my own, my attorney informed me that it can remain on my report for anywhere between 7 to 10 years and the level of debt, chapter you file, and a lot of other factors play a big role in that time frame decision.

Talk to an attorney, go over your paperwork and if it was to be removed at 7, follow your attorneys advice on what you should do. 

Bankruptcy

My bankrupcty shouldve been cleared as of July (7yrs)......yet its still showing up on here!

Bankruptsy

So. The company I worked for faithfully for31 years filed chapter 11and within days were buying new aircraft. But they paid me pennies on the dollar as they turned the pension fund to the PBGC. I didn't do anything wrong, but was forced to chapter 13. What a country. 

soonerman01

I have no idea what the above message is. you have me mixed p with someone else. I filed for company bankrupecity in 1995 and this is the only time. Would like to get this removed from my record as the Law says it can.  This was handled in Annn Arbor Michigan. HAve the signed papers if ou need them..........................

So I once again have to hire a lawyer ? This is not helpfull I was told that it would no longer be on my credit . But yet here it is there should be an authority I can call . It's bad enough I had to do this now I have to spen more money to follow up on something that should have automaticlly happend!

16 years

It has been over 16 years and the Banckrupucty is still on my credit report. Do I really need to go to the expense of hireing an attorney to correct our mistake. I will if necessary!

Chapter 7 vs Chapter 13

Is it really a fact that chapter 7's come off your credit report earlier than a chapter 13?  I had a chapter 13 and it literally took 10 years. My friend is currentlly in a chapter 7 and he was told 3 yrs at closing, and later the documents said 5 yrs.  (deception)

(corrrection) to chapter 7 vs chapter 13

I meant that the 7 took 10 yrs, so the question is, is the time of the chapter 13 falling off your record less than the chapter 7 falling off?

sorry it will stay

You could never remove it it there for 10 yrs

Laur55

10yrs isnt never

soonerman01

1995 until now is over 10 years. in fact is 16 years. !Expect this to be removed or will get attorney involved with this!