Question

Loveyeyes48

I would like to get my credit report mail to my address because I need it to fix my credit.

Write or go to the online websites

I am no lawyer but I have been a victum of credit fraud. This is what I learned. Equifax, Transunion, and Experian (the 3 major reporting agencies) won't email your report to you, but they will mail it to you if you put in a request. You can do that by mail or you can go to their websites and request it there. You'll have to verify your identity (which of course is for your protection) so be prepared to answer some questions that only you should be able to answer. If you go online, you may as well just view the reports while you're there, plus you can initiate a dispute right from the website. It's quicker, although they will send you a request for documentation in some cases (so you may have to mail them some things anyway). "Fixing" credit involves disputing what is, in your opinion, inaccurate and then waiting to see what the creditor says in response. If you dispute something and the creditor fails to respond, then the information "goes away." If the creditor says the information is correct, then you have to send in proof that it isn't (e.g. bank statements or cancelled checks showing payments that were made on time, contrary to what the creditor's records say). Don't fall for scam agencies who say they can "fix" your credit. They lie. They take mega-money from you and just make excuses. You can do the same thing they do (if they do anything at all, besides take your money), which is dispute, watch, prove, and dispute again. Make sure you don't dispute something unless you can prove your case. Frivolous disputes can get you in real trouble. Hope this helps. It's a matter of being persistent. Credit records are often wrong, so don't be discouraged. It's a good idea to keep an eye on your reports with all three agencies--get a copy every year and look for mistakes. They do happen. And keep an eye out for fraud, which goes unchecked a lot because people don't pull their own reports. Best of luck!