Question

Swampbaby

I why is revolving credit bad
I keep getting told I have to much revolving credit. I know if I close credit card accounts, my score will drop. So how do I fix the fact that I have to much revolving credit? Do I just need to pay my credit cards off or close them?

Most Helpful Response

Ahhh how much debt do you have on your Credit Cards.

There is no such thing as "too much available revolving credit", although you can certainly have "too much current debt on revolving credit."

Just keep paid off.

Do not cancel the charge accounts, because that will hurt your credit score.  Just try paying the full amount due when the bills come in. What they may be objecting to is the amount of debt being carried on those accounts.  The lower the amount you currently owe, the better.