Question

CKBeck614

I went to get a new car and my credit score was MUCH MUCH higher than Credit Karma said it was??
Credit Karma had me at "fair"....when I went to get a new car (because my other one was totaled in an accident the previous week) my score was actually VERY GOOD (like 30 points from Excellent). How are you guys so far off?

Different scoring models. You get Vantage Scores here, but most lenders use FICO. You are lucky, most people experience it the other way around, higher Vantage Scores and lower FICO and that causes a lot of disappointment when people are denied after having their hope built up here. The lesson here, always look to see what kind the credit score is that you get somewhere.