Question

Posted in Saving Money

PLZHLP

i went in for a job, does paying 99 then getting paid training for 300 dollars sound odd to anyone?
Theres an insurance company called primerica that i went in for a job offer. They called me looking for an employee. The job is selling insurances. I have to pay 99 for things like my book, the class, email, and online identity. They will pay me 300 dollars for 21 days training. Is this job odd or not?

Most Helpful Response

First thing you need to understand is that Primerica is not a job.  They are not offering you employment.  They are offering you a business opportunity to be a self employed contractor. The $99 fee is for the cost for training materials and the life insurance licensing class and the cost to take the test.  After you become licensed you will earn a commision through the sale of insurance and investments (if you obtain your series 6 and 63 license).  I was a Primerica agent for 12 years and made decent money as a part time self employed business.  I had to quit Primerica as I took a new job and it became a conflict of interest.  You have to work hard and be dedicated to your business.  It is not for everyone and the reason I could not make it a full time go was becuase I was not good at finding clients, which is called prospecting within Primerica.  You don't advertise and everything is word of mouth.  The people I did see that were referred to me were easy to gain as a client, but if I had to go out and meet people on my own, I didn't do very well. 

Second thing to know is that the $300 they are talking about is part of the commsion you earn after you are licensed and are going on training appointments with your upline.  You can't be paid until you are licensed so get licensed ASAP.  Once that happens you will go on training appointments where your trainer does all the talking and you act as a sponge.  In return, they give you a portion of the commsion earned based on the products you are licensed in.  

Third, at the very least you will get a great financial education and better fully understand financial decisions that you make.  I learned alot about investments and that was my area of expertise within our office.  Residiual income off investmens only can be very lucrative.  I know people in Primerica that have 4/5 figure monthly income just from residual income alone.   

PLZHLP

That makes sense, thank you. So theyre not some scamming company or identity thefts? I had to give my information even when i said i will talk it over with my family. 

Further details available when questioned.