Question

James11111111

I went from a 759 in April to a 739 in Aug. I ran my credit to get a house alarm. Why such a drop?
Credit Worries. I went from a 759 in April 2013 to a 739 in August 2013. The only thing I can think of it that my credit got ran when I installed a house alarm for my home. Why such a dramatic 20 point drop? It went from 759 (April), 744 (May) 742 (June) 742 (June) 739 (August). I don't understand, can anyone provide advice?

I don't think it's just a enquiry

On an average, a hard enquiry can drop your score by 5-10 points. If your enquiries accumulate 5+ in a six months period, then the drop will be more. Check about that. If you are sure that you have no other enquiries, see if your balances have gone up. That might be the case. I understand your worry, but the 20 point decrease has occured over a period of 4 months. I don't think its a big worry. The way it dropped, it will recover as well.

my alarm system ran a credit check and it come up as home furnishings.  I would have never signed up  if I had known they were going to do that.  I never gave them my SS#.  I was not even shopping for a new alarm system and they come to my front door.  I want that removed and have requested it but have not recieved a response.