Question

TrynaMakeIt

I was sued for $52,000 due to a car accident with no insurance, could I file bankruptcy to erase it?
I am not currently not delinquent on the accident payments, I know in order to file bankruptcy it would need to be delinquent, but will filing bankruptcy actually clear me from having to pay that debt? Outside of the car accident I only have 4,000 in delinquent accounts.

Filing bankruptcy is a very difficult decision and you need to explore all other possiblities before deciding on that.  Bankruptcy will not give you clean credit.  Go to www.credit.about.com and half-way down the page on the left there is a topic for Consumer Bankruptcy.  Read a lot and don't trust any ads or attorneys that promise a quick easy fix, most of them are scammers that will take your money and leave you in worse shape than before.  Best of luck!