Question

psantos1091

I was one hour late on credit card payment..what will happen?
I totally forgot about it..usually I have everything setup with automatic payments but this one doesn't allow that. Anyways the cutoff time was 5pm and I didn't log into mint.com until 5:40pm and realized I needed to pay asap......still was late!
I asked if this will be reported and they said yes..is there anything I can do?

Most Helpful Response

I think it depends on the card issuer; some will immediately charge a late fee/increase your interest rate, and others you can call and ask that the penalties be waived if this is your first time being late. Also, even my more predatory credit cards have never actually reported a one-time late payment. So, try calling the credit card company and asking for it to be waived. Then, make sure you're not late ever again. Good luck.

btw I have no history of ANY late payments. 

PLEASE HELP! pwetttyy pweeze