Question

mari178

I was mistakenly filed a bankruptcy to my credit. How can I get that fixed?
I went to the bank to get a credit card to start building my credit and the card got denied. Later that day, someone from there called and told me I had a bankruptcy on my report and that's why every time I went to get a card it got denied but I have no debt. No prior credit cards. I've never been married. There's nothing under my name anywhere and still it says I filed for bankruptcy. How can I get this fixed?

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of your credit reports, then file diisputes on all wrong informatioin with the credit bureaus reporting it.  Then take the time to get needed credit knowledge by reading the articles on this site since that is what Credit Karma is here for.  You need to know how credit works and how to build a good credit score and the information here is excellent.    

Give these guys a call 1  877  235  0324  Credit Pros, they can help.

Review your credit report here on Ck and make your request of the actual credit bureaus for your credit report.  You are entitled to a free copy from each bureau once per year.  When the bank sends you your denial letter, you can send that to the credit bureau they consulted and make a request for a free copy.  You are entitled to a free copy each time you are denied for credit.   Once you have the report in hand, review for the bankruptcy they indicated and then you can file a dispute with the credit bureau of the item in question .  It would not be uncommon for an item to be reported to the wrong person based on human error when the data was sent to the credit bureau.   You don't need to pay someone to complete this task for you, its rather a simple task to complete.

faidros

Be aware that Social Security numbers are not unique and more than one person can have the number.   There are other identifiers that go with the Social Security number to help identify us.  (IE: DOB)   Thus, if the information was only reported by the social security number it is possible it was charged to the wrong report.  Your quick research and dispute will help clear up your issue and I'm sure you'll soon have the credit card you desire.