Question

younganddumb24

I was given a credit card at the age of 16. Is this legal?
I'm currently trying to fix my dumb mistakes of my college years. After reviewing accounts that have been closed i discovered I was given A credit card at the age of 16. is this legal? If not how do I go about getting this removed?
-Thanks

Contracts signed by minors are generally not enforceable, unless you were a emancipated minor at which point the contract would be enforceable.  That being said at this point the account is closed and the lender has likely already written the debt off as bad debt and likely sold it to debt collection companies.  The debt may be past its statue of limitation, but you may need check with your state's laws.  The debt will also be removed from the credit report seven years after the last payment or the account was closed.

All that being said as a matter of principle and personal responisibility if you can pay your debts you should pay them, rather than looking for a way to avoid them.  If you made mistakes, you should own up to those mistakes, although doing so could mean having to live with those mistakes for another seven years.