Question

mtrotter54

I was denied a Chase Slate card because I already have 2 cards with Chase, what gives?
I have 2 chase cards with zero balances and about 19K available, but they are all high interest rates. I applied for the Slate with 0% for 15 months, and a lower APR, but was denied since I already have 2 cards with Chase. I called them but they would not offer me the same conditions? should I write the company?

Most Helpful Response

Understanding Chase's Lending Methods

Hey mtrotter54!

You have a pretty decent credit line awarded to you through two cards (19K). Chase (and many other institutions), though you can have multiple card with them, will only allow a max credit limit among all of them. In this case, looks like at this point in time 19K is there max lending limit to you! I would try calling them again and asking for a recon: 888-270-2127 (App recon) OR 888-245-0625 (Credit analyst recon) OR 888-622-7547 (exec offices) all of these #s have good success stories. If you fail with one, go down the line and call the other! Though they will not approve you for a new line of credit, you can negotiate to move some credit from one or both of your two credit cards to open up the Slate! Also if they won't give you the intro offer, your best bet is talking to the exec offices!