Question

oldathletic78

I wanted a dispute entry listed on my credit reports
per your advise I contacted the one late payment account to explain circumstances as I saw them, they will not show a dispute

credit dispute

I wrote this company explaining why this one time my payment was late, i involved credit for returned merchandise, and the answer I was given was they considered the entry valid and coud not change it.  I explained in my letter I was waiting for credits to post to my account, but nooooo, past records do not faize them, they are adiment about its correctness, so out of 332 on time accounts these **********insist I was delinquent.

While it is your right to offer an explanation for a late payment, it is also the company's right to not take that into account.  So, you have to live with the late payment, though a continuing history of on-time payments will diminish the impact of that one late.