Question

CreditBlah11

I want to send a pay to delete to the agency, can this be done through email?
I also just wanted to know if this is the fastest and safest way to get these inquiries off my credit. Open to all suggestions, I am pretty new at this and been reading a lot but want to kbow what has worked.

Thank You

Do not do negotiations of any sort via phone or e-mail.  You want hard copies of all attempts and of the communications from both sides to serve as proof so send the negotiation letters via "snail mail" and keep copies of all communications for your records.

I would call them and negotiate it over the phone first, then send the actual Pay Per Delete agreement regular mail (you need their signature on it before you pay a dime).  This way, if they don't follow through and delete the account once paid, you can send a copy of the PPD agreement to the bureaus and they'll delete the account.  I've tried negotiating by mail, but it doesn't work, they just send you statements.  Get on the phone and if they say no, then ask for a supervisor.  Explain that if they want their money it is in their best interest to take the deal.  Make sure that they cannot sue you for the debt first (you can Google your state name and the phrase "statute of limitations on debt" to get that info), if the amount owed is less that 2K, they probably won't go to the expense of a judgment.  Best of luck!