Question

smstrickland131

I want to rebuild my credit, but don't know where to start?
I had some credit cards go into collections a few years back, well I payed them off and I now have nothing on my credit report, however my credit score is like 580. I'm trying to buy a car, and I may need a co-signer, and I wanted to start somewhere, with a credit card to build my credit. I have heard of the secured card, but I heard bad reviews on it. I applied for a chase credit card a year ago and they denied me. Where do I start? who will approve me? I need to build my credit.

Most Helpful Response

I still say try secured card or credit union. Make sure you choose the bank that reports your account to all 3 credit bureaus. With your score, you have very high chance to get a secured card (also low chance on some non-secured one too). After you get approved for a secured card, pay in full every month. After about 6 months to 1 year, the bank will normally can upgrade your secured card into a non-secured one. Good luck!