Question

js2088

I want to raise my credit score 60-100 points in a few months. I am trying to buy a house.
My lease for my apartment is up at the end of September. I would like be to able to be in a house by then. My situation has gotten me prequalified for 110,000 for right now, which is no where near what I am looking for in my first house. I would like to be qualified for at least 140,000. My credit score right now is the problem. I have good work history and my income is 55K annually. My mid score was 638 when I was pre-qualified. I have a 6,000 credit card with 5,500 balance right now. I know my best bet is to pay that down as quick as possible. Are there any other tips (apply for a balance transfer, secured line, etc.) that could help get my credit score over a 700 before end of August?

Use the tools here

Look at the top of the page on your left and check out the financial tools.  You can do the "what if" analysis that way without having to suffer the hard knocks that come from making a wrong decision.