Question

Bunkie46

i want to purchase a new travel trailer what score do i need to secure a loan?
the purchase price is $31,000.00 will i need to have more than 10% down? and what kind of interest rate will i be able to get? we also filed chapter 13 which will be finished in March of 2015. we plan to purchase in April 2015. At this time my score is 675 and my wife's is 695. what do you suggest?

Start saving for it.

While your bankruptcy will be finished next year, the negative mark on your credit score will be there for at least 7 years from the date the Chapter 13 payments are completed.  I know, because I did one over 20 years ago, and it was a job getting things up to where I was able to get additional credit.

Do please read the articles on this site since the purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people about credit and help them learn the skills needed to build a good credit score.  I have learned a lot, and am still learning and my score is in the "good" category. 

• We are in the same boat.  Did you have any luck getting fianacing?  We were told no in Oct by 4 banks.  Our discharge was back in 3/2011 with a credit score of 720