Question

bedenjimenez

i want to purchase a home how can i pick up my score to 540 at the most

540 will not qualify you for a mortgage.  Work on building your credit score (re-read the articles here to help understand waht needs to be done and why) and save for a down payment so you can have a better mortgage rate and avoid PMI.

FHA reqiures 640 now

You need to bring credit score up to 640 if you want FHA mortgage.   I am currently working on getting my score there.   I had no credit history because car loan paid off and account closed and no credit cards for 6 years.   I started at 604 in October 2015.  Got secured credt card for $300 from Capital One.   Charge less than $30 (less than10% utilization) and pay off completely before due date.   My Transunion credit score is 642 as of Jan 5, 2016 (Equifax at 620).   I will be able to buy home in 6 months under FHA.