Question

Ladee2108

I want to purchase a home, but the recommendations are suggesting filing bankruptcy. What do I do.
My credit score is a 650.

Avoid bankruptcy if at all possible . If the bankruptcy recommendation came from this site, disregard, because it is not based on total information and can basically be considered as reliable as othe "bulk mail".  

I hope you have looked into the total costs of buying a home such as replacement or repair of appliances (I just had to have my central air conditioning repaired), property taxes and homeowner's insurance with good liability coverage.  With your current scor, you might be able to get an FHA loan, or you may wish to wait until your credit score is improved before buying a house.  I have rented for most of my life and have purchased a mobile home in a seniors trailer park so understand the pros and cons of both.  Continue investigating and you can make a good decision when you've checked all possibilities.

Do not take recommendations to file bankruptcy from a website. You ask what to do, what you should do is get out a calculator and some paper and figure out if you can afford to pay your bills and if you can afford to buy a house in addition to paying your bills.