Question

derekg84

I want to obtain a credit card, but am unsure about the entire process.
My credit isn't good at all, and I'm taking the steps to improve it. I keep reading how a credit card will help, but I'm unsure about being approved, and I don't want to constantly get rejected and my CA keep dropping.

Most Helpful Response

Get a secured credit card

If you know you have poor credit and don't want to be rejected, then apply for a secured credit card at your bank. Visit their website or call a customer service rep and ask for an application. You will need to pledge at least $300 to $500 dollars as collateral (this will always be your money) and you will get a Visa or MasterCard. In most cases there is an annual fee and processing fee and rates are higher than normal. Use it wisely to re-establish credit only. In time, your poor credit will drop and your good credit will report paying as agreed. Learn from your mistakes and understand that credit is a double edged sword.