Question

usarocks2014

i want to move to another apartment location, what will my credit record show as me (the tenant?)
I moved out because of the crime there, (Lived there for 10 years) did not get my deposit back)--but far worse, ---found out they sued foe eviction 2 months AFTER I moved out! I never received the summons, and do not know if they won, or not, but RIGHT NOW, would like to move somewhere closer to school. (I have been at this one for 31/2 years PLEASE HELP ME!
Thank you,
Joyce McDonald

Go to www.annualcreditreport.com and pull a copy of your full credit report to see if the eviction is showing up or not.  However, I believe that apartments/rental places also have their own databases they check, so this may not cover all bases.  It is a good start though.  If the judgment shows up, then dispute it with all three bureaus, request a copy of the summons you should have received.  No guarantees, but it may fall off.  If they fight it, gather all documentation you have, you can mail or download it to the bureaus to help your case.  Be persistent and patient, they have 30 days to respond.  Best of luck!