Question

snickyticky

I want to get rid of a credit card that charges an annual fee and a monthly fee,with no rewards. .
The only thing they changed was the interest,which is now 12%. I am afraid if I get rid of it,it will hurt my score. Advice?

Most Helpful Response

Go online at various sites and individual credit card sites and research reward credit cards. The higher the reward, the higher your credit score needs to be. NerdWallet is a great research site.  

Once you've received a card equal to or greater than the credit line you currently have, then you can close it out. Depending how long you've had the card, your credit score might drop.