Question

brocoli57

I want to connect with these companies & make settlement of payments. How do I do this?
OK I had these bills a long time ago. I cannot remember how to get connected with them, so how do I pull addresses or phone numbers. I have relocated & have been in a rehab center & so you get what I mean?

Most Helpful Response

Check your credit reports.

First thing is go to freeannualreport.com and get all 3 credit reports.  Look them over carefully and file disputes on any items you know or suspect are not yours with the credit bureau reporting them.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the items.

It is entirely possible that these bills are no longer collectable under your state's statute of limitations.  The key date is the "date of last activity" which is the date the last payment was made.  You can find this information by doing an online search for Statute of limitations for collections.

Most debts expire after 7 years of non payment, unless the creditor went to court and obtained a judgement.  Judgements can be renewed almost indefinitely.

Check your credit reports every year to make sure only the correct items are listed.  And, please, make your payments regularly and on time, okay?