Question

coldblooded7

I want to close my credit card, would this hurt my credit score? How can i raise my score?
I want to close my credit card because I am not pleased with the company, I do not use the credit card, will it hurt my score if I close the card out with a zero balance? If so, should I get another credit card first before I close it? Also, how can I raise my score?

Most Helpful Response

If you don't like it keep it

But don't use it. If there os no annual fee just cut up the card and get a new one from some other company. Age of your open accounts helps raise your score so if you close it you're starting from scratch again. Most people have at least a few cards to improve there scores. 

Ideally you want enough open credit to equal 1 years living expenses. For most people that's at least 3 or 4 cards with 10,000 limits. 

Yes it takes awhile to get to that point in life.