Question

Viv48

I want to close few of my Credit card accounts
I have total of 7 credit card accounts.I want to close 5 of them by keeping only two which includes the oldest account.How would it affect my credit health.There is no balance to be paid on 5 of those

for the 5 cards in question,  Answer the following for each CC,  does it have a yearly fee?   

Answer is No -  just leave the cards alone,  Do Not Close it,   Just tuck the card away with the monthly statements.

Answer is Yes - Yes Close the Card.

Not a good idea if you are concerned about your credit. Closing five out of seven accounts is going to kill your scores big time. If you must close some, only do one at a time and see the effects on your credit scores before you close another.