Question

MoreMoneyMom

I want to check my minor child's credit. How can I go about that when she is not yet 18?

Most Helpful Response

she may not have a credit report yet

Even with at job and bank account, most minors dont have reports yet because they never borrow money. Go to www.annualcreditreport.com and see if you can pull on up for her. All you need is her SSN, name and address. Its all free.

concernedmother

You cannot check a child under 13's credit report online. You must send in everything necessary to steal his/her identity by mail to the 3 credit reporting agencys including a copy of SS card, your driver's license, a utility bill with same address on your license and proof that you have custody of your child. If your child's ID has not been stolen yet, you certainlly are increasing this possibility. 

You can forget going to www.annualcreditreport.com I tried to runmy daughters credit there and since she has no driver's license # I could complete the process.