Question

J916O

I want a new car, but am I dreaming?
Facts about me:
Chapter 7 almost 2 years ago.
Credit Score is in the mid to low 500s.
Good job for over 10 years.
Can put down at least $5000.
Just got an unsecured credit card.

I can afford a car for around $800/month (counting insurance), and still have money to save and/or use for pleasure/leisure. But what are my chances on getting a new car that cost around $28,000? Also, any tips on how to raise my credit score fast and anything I can do to make my credit profile look better?

Yes you are Dreaming Big Time. 

There is NO WAY to Raise your Credit Score Fast.   

Start Reading ,  Lots of good information but it takes time as in Years.. 

Good News is you can afford a 5000 now and then save to trade up in a Few Years. 

J916O

Thanks for your response.  I understand that raising my credit score isn't going to happen over night.  But if I can get it up 50-100 points in the next 6 months, that would make a difference.  And I have read a lot of articles, on this site and others, and I hear of a lot of people raising their scores in 6 months.  But my question is, can I get car worth $28,000?  Down payment and APR aside.