Question

MisssKristina

i used charity care for my open collection. Why do I owe?
I don't understand how I owe anything on the open collection I have because I used charty care, which I was approved for. I had no insurance at the time. I was on unemployment. So why would I owe anything? I would like to dispute this.

In the United States, charity care is health care provided for free or at reduced prices to low income patients.   If it was reduced price that was covered by the charity care, you would still be liable for the difference is what was provided at a reduce price as compared to the actual cost of treatment.   When you sought treatment, you agreed by signature to be held financially responsible for the difference in what was charged and what was paid.   The dispute that you speak of would not necessarily be with the credit bureau as much as it should be disputed with the facility that provided the treatment.