Question

sunshine7040

I tried to dispute some collections that were on my account over seven years and the creditors
responded within the 30 day period so the items were never removed. I have read that people write letters and the creditors don't respond within the time frame so the items are removed. What did I do wrong? I used a credit letter format out of a book from the library. Is there something else I should do so I can try it again? also, how do I go about getting a judgement and a repossion removed off my report?

Most Helpful Response

credit report

Each state has a differnt time limmit an item can remail on a credit report. First check with your state to see what yours is. Second the date reported is not the last day you made a payment. It is the first day it "went into collections". The credit reporting agency is obligated by law to remove these items that meet  the requirements. Send them a letter demanding removal. Call them dmanding removal. And if they fail to do so withing the state allowed time frame . go to your court house and file a law suit against them. 

Depending on the ammount on th account and ammount of dammage you want to seek will dictate the court you file in. Generally a well worded demand letter and or pone call resolve teh issie. Also call teh creitor and demand removal. It is their esponsibility to timly remove and provide accurate information to the credit reporting agency. You can also mail demand letters to the creditor as wella s file a law suit against them. 

Hope this was helpfull. 

WHEN DOES THE 7 YRS START? FROM THE LAST LATE PAYMENT OR DATE REPORTED