Question

treehuggermama

I took the advice of Credit Karma and applied for a 0% interest balance transfer card.
The next month my credit scored had dropped over 30 points. Thanks Credit Karma!!! Also, it didn't have a high enough limit to transfer $5500 so now I have TWO cards instead of one, total of 4 now. It looks bad on me.

It's not the site that made the recommendation.  It was the sponsors.  The reason Credit Karma is free for us is that the credit card companies that advertise on this site pay for it.  After all, it does cost money to set up and maintain an internet site.  I didn't go for a bill consolidation card until the score simulator indicated it was a good idea, then I took a deep breath and called my credit union since they were offering a card. An excellent decision.

You Saw an Ad on Credit Karma,   and you blame CK?   HA,  

So you have yourself in Credit Card Debt,  is that CK's Fault Also?  ( did not think so )

You wanted to transfer a Large balance on a High APR to a 0 APR Card and you did not get the Credit Line to make the full Transfer,  and you Blame CK for that also?  ( did not think so )

Everyone things they can transfer a High Balance from one CC to another CC with with 0 APR.  ( Yeah right,  )   thinking it's Free Money.   LOL  

Time to wake up and take responsibility of your past and current actions.  

Most Helpful Response

If you would take time to learn and read you would find out a few things

1) ANY TIME YOU APPLY FOR NEW CREDIT YOUR SCORE MAY DROP - This is due to at least one new hard credit inquiry on your report

2) ANY TIME YOU GET NEW CREDIT LINE YOUR SCORE MAY DROP - This is due to average age of credit dropping

3) YOU ARE STILL AHEAD OF THE GAME - As long as you STOP using the credit cards until you get them all down to under 10% usage. paying off the high interest first, then you have saved some money in interest payments.