Question

CamJazz88

I think my Credit score is "locked"?
I have been recently improving my credit score since I've graduated with an associates degree and am working as an intern. I had poor credit not because of major debt,
but because of inconsistent income(on the workforce without education). This caused me to cancel any credit cards that I had owned after
I paid them off. Anyway I took out a measly credit card recently to increase my credit score. I have been making payments on time and actually
saw my score climb up ten points. I am still in school going after my bachelors degree, and there was a long break in between quarters.
My loan payment was deployed as a result of the longer than usual 2 week break. It knocked
my score down by 3 points and it hasn't moved since. Despite me making all of my payments
to my credit card on time.

What is your question?

My Question

to my credit card on time.

Addison170

Goodness, I wouldn't worry about 3 points.  Especially if you are talking about the score you see here, this score is just for fun, nobody but you sees it or uses it.  Anytime you are late on a payment, it will hurt your score quite a bit.  The more recent the late pay, the more damage it does.  To learn lots more about credit and scores, I like www.credit.about.com.  No signup needed, lots of great info about all kinds of situations.  Best of luck!