I sold my house as a short sale in March 2012. Why is my credit still bad?
I only have 2 credit cards now. One of them is paid off nearly every month because I only have $100.00 limit and the other one is $500.00 limit which I usually try to stay below that. I went into each account, changing & deleting some cards that I no longer have. Doing that, will my credit score automatically go back up? This rating is probably affecting my job search, as I have been out of work for a little over one year now. I heard that some companies do check your credit and it can impact them hiring you.