Question

Badcreditbetty

I settled with a debt collector for a DISH charge but DISH is still saying I owe them money
I settled my debt with a debt collecter for a DISH bill I didnt pay but DISH is still trying to say I owe them money. How is this possible if DISH had to sell the debt to the debt collector wouldn't my bill with DISH be cleared??? Please help!!! Also I am sure this is the right bill collector and not a scam I got the address directly from credit karma.

Even if the debt was sold to a collection agency, it still remains on your credit report until 7 years past the day it was sold, as part of your credit history.  I advise re-reading the articles here for a clear understanding of how credit works.