Question

wolf123786

I sent a PFD letter and recieved back a dispute recieved notice Plus Four
I called them a few days later and the agent taking the call said that they would be happy to offer a pay for delete she said they charge $10 for the letter. But they always delete after they are paid anyways. She said in order to move forward with plus four i need to send a letter saying I am withdrawing the dispute. She said I could even come in there office (they are local) and give them letter stating i am withdrawing dispute then pay my $90 + $20 and receive the pay for delete letter the same day in their office. Sounds so easy doesn't it. I don't want to screw myself by being skeptical but I also don't want to screw myself the other way. Anyone ever worked with plus four to get it off your credit does it come off automatically anyway after you pay them. It is a medical bill. Should I send the letter they are suggesting I send indicating I am withdrawing my dispute?

If you filed a dispute with the bureau, personally, I'd let it takes its course.  Then if it goes against you, you can go their route.  I have never dealth with them.   At current, you only have their word.   And by past experience, not all words are honored and/or persons making the deal to collect don't have the authority.  I would require a letter from them for the terms.  If their letter states they will delete the record from your credit report, then I would make my payment immediately upon receipt of the letter.  There is a distinct difference between deleting the debt at the credit collection agency and deleting the debt at the credit bureau.   They have to retract from the credit bureau.  I am not aware of any letter to the debtor deleting the debt that is sent to the credit bureau.