Question

aburgess0921

I see that I have some things on my credit report that need to be addressed
how do I get in contact with the company to pay this 5 year old bill off, as well as my student loans were deferred, I need that adjusted

If the five year old bill is not a Federal Student Loan, you should look up the "statute of limiations" in your state to be sued for the debt. You may be legally off the hook. In addition, it would fall off your credit reports in two years from now, unless you are in the state of NY, then paying it may get it removed now at the five year mark. Whatever you do, if you cannot pay it in full, do not contact the company to set up a payment plan, that can reset the time frame for you to be sued for the debt if you fail to fulfill your end of the agreement. While it may not seem to be the right thing to do, sometimes it is best to just let old accounts age off if money is tight.