Question

decalyco

I see 3-4 FedLoan loans listed on my credit, there should only be 1 consolidation. What do I do?
Multiple loans listed that were consolidated into 1.

Most Helpful Response

Full credit history must be reported.

I know your feeling.  I had 3 loans and, over the years, it looked on my report like I had 6.  When they get transferred from one payment area to another, it ends up being reported as separate loans, and that is how it must be under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (a federal law).  It looks messier than it is.

What you do need to do is make the regular payments on the consolidated loan and get the loans paid in full as soon as possible.  Student loans do not have a statute of limitations and will remain on your report until such time as they are paid off.