Question

igrc

I see 2 of the same debt
I see a debt twice on my report. Different collections agency
It has matching amounts and month opened but the actual day
Is different? What does this mean what do I do

Most Helpful Response

You need to find out who actually owns the debt, then dispute the other one. You could dispute both of them and hope that they both go away, but be aware that if they haven't updated in a while, once you dispute them, if one still remains after the dispute it will update and look new and cause a decrease to your scores. Certainly though, 2 different collection companies cannot be reporting the same debt. (usually you would dispute the one with the earlier date)