Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

Natshawoo

I saw that it said I have a house an car loan on my credit I think someone
Using Social I have a car loan I never had one and how do I go about getting this stuff removed an I have a house in my name in Missouri I never been there

Most Helpful Response

Validation letters are for collection agencies and junk debt buyers, NOT for the credit bureaus.

If you have incorrect information on your credit report the process is called disputing, and it's regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

The odds that the root cause of this problem is a data entry error would be VERY small if there was only one suspicious trade line, but there are two, which makes the odds of this as a reasonable explanation approximately zero.

I would be concerned about identity theft, and I would put a freeze on all three credit bureaus until you can figure out what's happening.

Are these accounts on your credit reports or were they "security questions or answers" when setting up a Credit Karma account? If it is the latter, don't worry too much about it as the security questions here usually include incorrect information intentionally.

Start with a validation letter

Google it for more info and a template.  Send a  letter for each account to one of the credit bureaus asking them to verify the accounts.  

Often times these are data entry typos and are easily removed. if they are validated then you may have to deal with the lenders to figure out what is going on.