Question

kern417

I requested a late payment be removed but it's still showing on my reports
TL;DR: Credit company told me they would remove a late payment 3 times, but it's still showing on my credit report and i'm not sure how to resolve this once and for all.

Story: I have a department store credit card that I use extremely rarely (maybe once every 1-2 years). I used it once and completely forgot about it, and I had moved since the last time using it and never got a bill (sent to my previous address). They called me after it was 60 days late and ended up agreeing to accept full payment and remove the late payment from my credit history.

Now it's a little over a year later and I signed up for Credit Karma a few months ago since I'm planning on buying a car this summer. I noticed that the late payment was still showing. I called the Credit Card Company and they agreed to remove the late payment (again). They even reversed my late fees, so i had a $24 credit on my account after getting off the phone with them.

However, it is now 3 months later and the late payments are still on multiple credit reports. They originally told me to be patient since it could take up to 60 days to be processed, so 2 months later I called and asked for them to have the payments removed again. That was about 2 weeks ago and they sent me a letter as confirmation that they requested to remove the late payments. However, I called Transunion and Equifax for confirmation and both stated that they still see the late payments on my latest report.

How can I resolve this? I would really like these removed since it's the only blemish on my payment history. One of the agency reps told me that they might just be removing the payment from their internal system, but I'm not sure how I could be more clear about my request to report the change to the bureaus themselves.

Hopefully someone out there can provide feedback. The credit card company is Kohl's and after doing some research, it looks like several other people ran into the same issue with them.