Question

GrandMa14

I removed my name from credit cards as authorized user.
Why are credit cards still showing on my credit Karma when I removed my name as authorized user. Those cars were not suppose to impact my credit. How do I report this? The card companies have sent me letters of confirmation.

Your still responsible

Did you co-sign on credit cards for someone that didn't pay or was late paying? Either way, by co-signing on those cards you took partial responsibility for them and that will remain on your credit report for seven years. If they were postitive accounts, or in good standing you should have left your name on them for history purposes.

Authorized user

No I did not co-sign any of the cards.  I was just an authorized user.  I am going for a mortgage and the mortgage companies said I was showing too much credit.  They advised that I should remove my name as authorized user.  It's a catch 22.  Authorized users are not responsible for accounts but do show as credit available on my credit score.  Since the cards are still opened and in good standing, my name still shows as credit reporting. Does that make sense?  I removed my name and my crdit score went down.Then the credit report showed I didn't have enough credit in my name.  So now I have started a secured credit card that I am using to build credit in my name.  I guess paying off bills, which I did, can hurt.