Question

joveca

I recently received my social security number. Why can't my file be found?
I recently was able to get my social security number threw deferred action. I would like to start my credit but my credit file can't be found. What can I do?

Most Helpful Response

Right now, since you just got a Social Security number, you will have to start building your credit file.  First thing to do is find out how credit works and, if you haven't done so already, start by reading the articles on this site.  They will give you a pretty good understanding of credit.  Go to a local bank or credit unioin and see about getting a 'secured' credit card, which will be a good way to start building your credit.  You will have to deposite a few hundred dollars with the card issuer, and that provides the security for the card.  From there, it is just a gradual process of building credit.  May take a bit of time and smart money management, but you can do it.

joveca

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I appriciate the advice, Thank you!