Question

applepatti

I recently lowered the credit line on all my credit card.
but i noticed that the credit still outstanding has up to 39% of total cards and loered my score? Should I have not done this. Also what impact does closing cards have?

Lowering your available credit increases the debt ratio and so lowers your credit score. You should never use more than 30% of your available credit on a card. Closing cards will ding your credit a bit too, but your score will rebound. If you're closing cards because you don't use them or have no benefit I can understand. Are you planning on applying for other credit?  Lenders like seeing a mix of accounts on your credit report and all accounts paid on time.