Question

bradyy12

I recently changed my name and it is showing I don't have a credit file. Why is this?
I am transgender so I changed my name and gender marker 7 months ago. It is saying I do not have a credit file, but I have two credit cards with Bank of America, all of which I pay on time. Please advice.

Your credit file is generally listed under your Social Security number, which does not change (except in the case of witness relocation actions).  Perhaps your information is showing on Experian, which is one credit bureau not available here.  You can find out what your credit file consists of by- going to annualcreditreport.com and getting copies of all three credit reports.