Question

isis90

I received unfair credit reporting from cable company - how do i delete it from record
I changed my cable company. When I did this the old company deleted my account on line. I could not pay my final bill. I could not get customer service to accept payment on line. I had filed a grievance that was pending and couldn't make a final payment until I knew if the grievance was decided on. I returned equipment in which I was charged for because they claim to have not received it. I was told they couldn't validate receipt of the equipment from UPS nor from the serial numbers on the equipment. They must have some record of serial numbers in their company or they couldn't operate. I wanted to pay the balance minus the grievance amount until I was told a decision. NO one at the company would let me pay. I even got hung up on. I sent emails. I called numerous times. Finally I paid the entire bill unresolved. I just found that they gave me a bad credit mark. How do I fight this. Totally unfair.

It may be unfair, but that account can legally stay on your credit report for 7 & 1/2 years from the date you paid it.  You can try sending letters to the credit bureaus asking them to verify the account (don't lie and claim it isn't yours, just ask for them to verify it and send you the payment history).  The credit bureaus go back to the creditor/collection company and ask for this.  If they can't provide the info, then by law they must delete the account.  So, you may get lucky and get it off that way, but no promises.  Sorry it wasn't a happier answer and best of luck.