Question

Posted in Taxes

TJM56

I received my letter of Satisfaction from the Courts for a Lien, will this increase my Score
It was a 10,000

Most Helpful Response

Sadly simply satisfying a lien does absolutely nothing for FICO; it might help Vantage but /shrug.  Does help from a future underwriting perspective; however, since it's now paid, look into the policy of wherever it was issued from: if Federal, get it airstruck under Fresh Start as having it removed will help one's credit score (assuming you don't have other serious derogatories on there) and some individual states have similar policies too.

In my experience, it may help some but my did my score did not change much.

My status of the lienhas changed to show that it has now been released but a satisfied/released lien still remains on your credit report until the 7 years (from the date the lien was filed) has expired. After that, it will be deleted like it never existed.