Question

Ialvi1

I received about 15 hard inquiries to my credit when purchasing a new car. Why is it that way?
So I finally received a fair credit grading of 649. I then went to finance for a new car and i received about 15 hard inquiries and it looks as that lower my credit score? How can i fix this ? why is it like this ? HELP

Most Helpful Response

When shopping for a car, dealers will typically run reports across a bunch of banks to get you the best rate, which causes these inquiries.

However, bureus know this and the "rapid fire" inquiries will not negatively affect your credit score. I think a majority will even disappear from the report, but I'm not sure.

Ialvi1

Thanks at least that gives me some hopes up!

car inqiuries

how long will all of them stay on my credit. it looks terrible