Question

michaeldh

I received a notice of non payment from a creditor.
I received a notice of non payment for a revolving store credit account I have so I paid the bill. I am on auto notifications and I never received the email from them telling me I owed them $25.00 which was the balance. It effected my credit score, it dropped 40 points. Have never missed a payment on any of my accounts in 7 years. Is there anything I can do to dispute this issue with the creditor or will it stay on my credit score no matter what?

If the payment was late as you say it was, there really is no grounds to dispute. Autopay shouldn't be trusted as you now know. Anything on autopay should be double checked to make sure the payment goes through on time. Do some reading on "goodwill letters". This will basically be sending a letter to your creditor explaining the issue with autopay and why your payment was late and that you apologize and hope for their forgiveness and plead for a removal of the late payment on your credit reports.